Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Poetry For Children

Anyone who teaches speech and drama to children will have heard of Kenn Nesbitt, author of such poems as 'My Hamster Has a Skateboard'.

Well, yesterday I was examining in Killygarry National School in Cavan (nice school, great atmosphere), and the Resource Teacher there, Paula O'Neill, referred me to Kenn Nesbitt's website. I don't remember coming across it before, but I'm glad I know about it now. It's got loads of free poems on it, most of which are more than suitable for classroom, exams and feiseanna.

It's called Poetry4kids.  Have a look: Poetry4kids

Click on the Poems tab at the top of the site for the free stuff.

While you are there, take a look at the Links page. Lots of links there for other childrens poetry sites.

Em ... Happy St Patrick's Day, by the way.

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Yes, Ken Nesbitt's poems are great fun, I use quite a few for my younger students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sis advised me about your website and the way great
    it is. She’s proper, I'm actually impressed with the writing and slick design. It seems to me you’re just scratching the surface in terms of what you may accomplish, however you’re off to an excellent begin!

    my web page; high blood pressure

    ReplyDelete